GFWC/CFWC SAN BERNARDINO DISTRICT
NURSES' SCHOLARSHIP FUND
DEADLINE: April 28, 2017
Name: GFWC/CFWC San Bernardino District, CFWC, Nurses Scholarship Fund.
Purpose: This fund shall be established for the purpose of granting scholarships to qualified students pursuing a career as a registered nurse.
Application: Applications should be available from the college's Guidance Office. Completed applications should be returned there, or mailed to Mary O'Neil, Scholarship Chairman, 5656 Hellman Ave., Alta Loma, CA 91737.
Qualifications: To qualify for this scholarship, any
1. Applicant must be a legal resident of the State of California, for one year, with preference going to a
resident of San Bernardino County.
2. An applicant or scholarship recipient must be enrolled as a full-time nursing student in an accredited
Registered Nursing Program at an accredited college/university.
3. A minimum GPA of 3.00 is required to qualify.
A. A letter of acceptance from an accredited College of Nursing in California, on school letterhead, must be
submitted. (This can be a copy of the acceptance letter that you received.)
B. An official transcript of all college grades to date that also includes the computed GPA. A work-in-progress
report of courses the student is currently taking (if applicable).
C. Two letters of recommendation from nursing course instructors.
D. The applicant is to attach a statement of at least two hundred words that should address each of the
1. What led you to choose nursing as a career choice?
2. Why do you wish to continue your education?
3. What are your future educational or vocational plans?
4. What is the reason for applying for a scholarship?
E. Submit a financial statement. Include the following:
1. Household size with income from other adults indicated,
2. Estimated current year (2016) income for 12 months,
3. Itemized monthly budget of expenses.
F. Explain circumstances which support your application. Include any extenuating circumstances or
problems that are a financial burden (family illness, handicaps, etc.).
1. As an aid to insuring that all requirements are met, it is suggested that you identify each page with your
name and which part A-F in the upper right hand corner of the appropriate page(s). For official transcripts
or other letters sealed in an envelope, the letter can be written on the outside of the envelope.
2. The complete application must be postmarked no later than April 28, 2017 to:
CFWC San Bernardino District
Nurses Scholarship Committee
Mary O’Neil, Chairman
5656 Hellman Avenue
Alta Loma, CA 91737
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified by the chairman of the Scholarship Committee.
4. Half of the scholarship money is awarded for the first semester and the remaining half for the second
semester that the student is enrolled in the nursing program. The scholarship is administered by the